Monday, July 20, 2009

The Jacket - March 2005

In 1991, a Gulf War soldier nearly dies and comes back home with gaps in his memory. Through some bad luck, he ends up in an asylum, where everyone believes him to be a cop killer. A sadistic doctor treats him with hallucinogenic drugs, which might fix the violent tendencies of a psychopath, but end up giving this guy really odd fantasies, which seem to have a basis in reality.

"The Jacket," whose title refers to a straitjacket, is a grim but fairly imaginative movie that kept my attention the entire running time. If you’re in the mood for something thought provoking, this might be the ticket.

[2009: Another movie where I didn't mention that Keira Knightley is in it? Shame on me. Well, if I had to mention her, I would have had to say something about her American accent, which was kinda strange.]

No comments:

Post a Comment