Monday, July 20, 2009

Firewall - Febuary 2006

I kept thinking the full title of this movie was "Managed Firewall" for some reason, but I don’t know why. "Firewall" is a generic aging action hero movie, with aging action hero actor Harrison Ford. It breaks no new ground and gives us no new, compelling reason to watch. In fact, if you saw "Hostage" last year, you’ve seen "Firewall." There were also several scenes that were exactly like scenes in Ford's "Air Force One." I don’t know if that was intentional or not but it sure was distracting. If you’re looking for a generic thriller, "Firewall" is about average, and that’s not all bad these days.

Now, if only I can get the title "Managed Firewall" out of my head.

[2009: If you worked with Onvoy's Professional Services products in 2006, that Managed Firewall quip might have been funny, but it seems kind of lame to me now. The movie does too. I don't know why I wasn't a little more savage with the review. My recollections of "Firewall" today are that it wasn't very good.]

No comments:

Post a Comment