Monday, July 20, 2009

Failure to Launch - April 2006

First things first: I can’t stand Sarah Jessica Parker. I’ve never cared for Matthew McConaughey. Nonetheless, I liked them both in "Failure to Launch." I enjoyed the movie but I never fully bought McConaughey as a 35-year-old babehound who lives with his parents. He’s the kind of guy who moves out while in high school. In any event, I enjoyed the chemistry, the chaos and Zooey Deschanel as the manic-depressive roommate who thought "To Kill a Mockingbird" was a how-to manual for bird control.

[2009: I stole the “kind of guy who moves out while in high school” line from Richard Roeper and I still feel bad about it. Sorry Richard. Three years later, I still can’t stand Sarah Jessica Parker but my impression of the movie still pretty positive, so I think I may watch the movie again sometime.]

No comments:

Post a Comment