Monday, July 20, 2009

Netflix Users - Febuary 2005

Have you noticed the “Friends” feature rolled out by Netflix recently? You can get advice from your friends based on their recommendations. I’ve rated over 500 movies and would be willing to let other Netflix subscribers benefit from my experience by being on my “Friends” list. A couple of caveats, though. “Friends” is not terribly private – you can see my recent rentals and I’ll be able to see yours. Recommendations also go both ways. Finally, keep in mind that taste is very subjective. I may give five stars to something you’ll dislike or your favorite movie may end up on my “Hated It” list. Those are the chances we take.

If you would like to be on my “Friends” list, send me an e-mail with the name and e-mail address on your account. I’ll send you an invitation via Netflix.

[2009: Friends is still alive and kicking at Netflix today and I've now rated over 1000 movies. If you're an Onvoy employee or otherwise know me personally and want to be my friend in Netflix, the offer still stands. Just send the e-mail to my company address.

By the way, only one employee took advantage of the offer in 2005. Hi Amy!]

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pat! :)

    I finally got around to reading some of the older posts on here (ahh, memories). I have to say it's been very beneficial having you as a Netflix friend (and a non-Netflix friend!), so thanks for being so generous with your reviews both on here and there.

    Aim

    ReplyDelete