Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Ghost Writer

They don't make many movies like The Ghost Writer these days. It's filled with smart, believable characters and has a labyrinthine plot that kept me wondering where it was going. Plus, it's in my contract that I have to like anything with Olivia Williams in it.

One downside is that The Ghost Writer was directed by Roman Polanski, which I didn't know going in. I've often said that I don't care what entertainers do in their off time as long as they give me a quality entertainment product. Well, I guess I've discovered that statutory rape in a guy's off time makes me queasy. Good movie, though.

2:04

Oh, and another thing.  Polanski still owes me $5.00 and 143 minutes of my life back for a piece of crap called The Pianist.  I watched it on March 1, 2003, and I'm still annoyed at how bad that movie was.

No comments:

Post a Comment