Thursday, August 12, 2010

Toy Story 3

I saw Toy Story on December 9, 1995.  I enjoyed it, I guess.  The guys at the office, all of whom had children at the time, liked to quote lines from it - ad naseum - but it didn't realy stick with me.  I saw Toy Story 2 on Febuary 13, 2000.  Again, I thought it was good but it didn't stick with me.  They were just good movies and I've not seen them since.

So what are we to make of Toy Story 3?  I had to go see it but it's been better than ten years since the last.  I didn't remember much of the precursors.  Well, it turns out memory is optional.  Toy Story 3 is a good movie on its own merits and after a few minutes, I knew exactly who the characters were and what they were up to.  Plus, the opening scene was almost worth the price of admission itself.

I understand that Toy Story 3 is promoted as a kids movie, but like all Pixar movies, I think it's an adult movie that just features kid-friendly plots and props.

1:44

No comments:

Post a Comment