Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fame

I've never seen the 1980 movie Fame. Not in the theater, not on HBO, not on VHS or DVD, not on late night commercial TV.  I can tap my foot along with the infectious theme song by Irene Cara but I've never had any desire to watch the movie.   According to IMDB there was a TV series based on the movie.  Nope, never seen even a frame of that either.

While watching previews before a feature the other day, I was treated to a preview of a new movie version of Fame.  Somewhere during the two minutes of that preview, the part of my brain that decides whether I go to a movie or not decided that I am skipping Fame when it opens in September.  It looked boring in 1980; it looks boring in 2009.  Whether it is truly boring or not is a discussion for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment